Today Microsoft has published a new Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build. If you want to install the new build and you are already using a Windows 10 Mobile Build then you have to do a reset to Windows Phone 8.1.
There are not so many new features in this build because Microsoft is now concentrating on fixing bugs and working on the performance of Windows 10 Mobile.
In the new build you can now use Cortana in Japan, Australia and Canada. Furthermore the emoji’s have now changeable skin colors.
Microsoft has fixed some bugs from previous builds:
- The Windows Camera app should no longer crash when certain applications launch it to capture a picture.
- We fixed an issue where the touch keyboard would get dismissed every time you sent a message, which made sending 2+ texts in quick succession difficult.
- We fixed an issue where swiping away a notification was causing the notification icon to appear top of your screen.
- Screenshots should be work now.
- Pinch to zoom should work properly in the Maps app now.
- We have added back vibrate-only alarms.
- After the upgrade you will maybe miss some apps. You can solve this problem with a reset.
- You can’t make WhatsApp calls or Skype Calls after the upgrade. This can be solved by a new installation of these apps.
Here again the instructions for all who are interested in joining the Windows 10 Mobile Insider Program. You need to download the Windows Insider App from the store. In the app you have to log in with your Microsoft Account and choose whether fast or slow ring (slow: new builds come later, but with not so many bugs and risks). After that the update to the Windows 10 Mobile Preview should be shown in the settings.
If you are already using the last Insider Build you have to go back to Windows Phone 8.1 for installing the new build.
There will be an article about the new build and my experiences in the next days.