Microsoft has released the new Windows 10 Mobile Build 10581. It is the third new build in two weeks! It seems like Microsoft is now finally increasing its working speed.
The new build has finally fixed the upgrade bug so you don’t have to go back to Windows Phone 8.1 to install the new build.
There are no significant new features in this build and this sense because Microsoft is completely concentrating on fixing bugs and working on the performance of Windows 10 Mobile so that the can release Windows 10 Mobile to the public.
Microsoft has fixed some bugs from previous builds:
- “Hey Cortana” should work on devices which supported it in Windows Phone 8.1 now
- You can now select photos for sharing through third party apps like Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Instagram Beta, WhatsApp etc.
- Battery life should be better with this build. Microsoft fixed several bugs impacting battery life.
- All apps should be able to show quick status now.
- Microsoft fixed the dual-SIM issues that appeared in Build 10572.
But there are still some bugs in the new build:
- You will be unable to set your default save locations via Settings > System > Storage and will not correctly reflect the current storage settings. If you are using a SD card in your phone, it will show up as a garbled name in Storage settings. Whatever you had configured for your save locations in the previous build will be the same.
- After moving some apps to a SD card, those apps might crash. The workaround is to reboot your phone and those apps should work fine thereafter.
Here again the instructions for all who are interested in joining the Windows 10 Mobile Insider Program. You need to download the Windows Insider App from the store. In the app you have to log in with your Microsoft Account and choose whether fast or slow ring (slow: new builds come later, but with not so many bugs and risks). After that the update to the Windows 10 Mobile Preview should be shown in the settings.
There will be an article about the new build and my experiences in the next days.