Nevertheless both of them have several software problems especially with the touch device drivers. Microsoft knows about the problems and was working on a software update for the recently launched Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book. This firmware update is now available for both devices.
Here are the fixes and changes:
Surface UEFI update (v103.873.768.0) improves system stability.
- Surface Management Engine update (v184.108.40.2063) provides touch optimizations.
- Precise Touch Device driver update (v220.127.116.11) provides touch optimizations.
- Management Engine Interface driver update (v18.104.22.1682) provides touch optimizations.
- Surface Touch Servicing ML driver update (v22.214.171.124) provides touch optimizations.
- Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver update (v126.96.36.199) ensures correct Surface driver is installed.