Today Microsoft was pushing out a major update to both the Minecraft Pocket Edition and Windows 10 Edition. The update brings the nice addition of Redstone, which is needed for creating and controlling powered devices like automatic doors and more. Furthermore bunnies and desert templates arrived with the update.
Here is the changelog of the update:
- Redstone Circuits: Redstone Wire, Torch, Lamp, Levers, Buttons, Pressure plates, Tripwires, Trapped Chests and Detector Rails. Craft them all!
- Cute, fluffy, crop-eating, bunnies
- Desert temples
- New types of wooden doors
- Redstone can be used to control doors, trapdoors, TNT and rails
- Faster boats with improved handling
- Increased item tooltip visibility time in Windows 10 Edition Beta
- Stack count labels now use a bigger and more readable font
- Slimes and Ghasts now actually spawn!
- Hunger restored by food items now match the PC version
- Flowers created by using Bone Meal on Grass now depend on the biome
- Skeletons now run away from Wolves
- Obsidian now breaks in 6.5 seconds rather than 3
- Minecarts now stack on top of each other
- Boats now stack
- Beetroot soup now stacks
- Fixed Curved Rail and Redstone behaviour
- Improved Slime spawning
- Block lag should be significantly reduced. Everything should feel more responsive now
- Updated door textures all over the place
- Even more Ghast and Slime spawning
- Mobs no longer suffocate in carpets (because that was kinda cruel)
- Held items now look better in first-person mode
- Loads of other bug fixes that are too boring to go into here
In my opinion the update is a pretty nice one especially for all of you who like engineering. According to the Mojang team the game will updated with more Redstone components in the future. Nevertheless this update is a good start to the history of Redstone in the Pocket and Windows 10 Edition of Minecraft.