Today I am very excited to introduce you to TheWinDuck 2.0 – a completely new TheWinDuck experience.
TheWinDuck – What we’ve achieved so far!
On January 27th I officially started the TheWinDuck YouTube channel by uploading our first video: The unboxing of the Lumia 535. This video was in German because I first thought I want to produce videos in German and English but after a little while I changed my mind and decided that I will (at least most of the time) only record in English. Since then I’ve uploaded 32 videos and I hope I will be able to upload many more in the future 🙂
Here are some achievements of our YouTube channel:
- Total views: Over 148’000 views
- Subscribers: Over 300
- Most viewed video: Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 (GDR 2) – Lumia 535 | over 37’000 views
- Most viewed review: Microsoft Lumia 640 XL Review – More than just huge | over 15’000 views
- Subscribe now!
Just some days after the launch of our YouTube channel I published the first article on thewinduck.wordpress.com – also in German. Now all of our over 100 articles and reviews are in English. Thanks to more regularly published articles since Valentin writes for us we have seen some great increase in site visits and we both hope that with the new site we’ll be able to attract even more people to read and share our articles.
Here are some facts/ achievements of our blog:
- Total views/ visitors: Over 6’000 / over 4’000
- Published articles: Valentin (72) | Dario (36)
- Views per author: Dario (over 2’800) | Valentin (over 2’000)
Get in touch with us! We always like to hear from you!
Dario TheWinDuck: @thewinduck
Dario TheWinDuck: @thewinduck
Visit our new and not yet finished Facebook page!
TheWinDuck.com – Our own site!
The last couple of weeks we have been working on our new and improved website (once again huge thank-you Ueli!!!). Probably the most noticeable and most important change is the missing .wordpress in the URL – we finally have our own blog. With the new layout and design we really hope that we can deliver you a better reading experience and we hope that even more readers will find the way to us and read our articles. We really love writing for you!
There are still some optimizations or changes to be made to the new site but we’ve decided that we finally want to officially announce TheWinDuck 2.0. We would like to hear from you! Tell us what you think about the new design, tell us what we should change or improve! Anyway, we hope that you like it – because we really do 🙂
I have four words for you: Thank you so much!
I want to thank you all…
- Our readers: For reading and sharing our articles and reviews, for watching and sharing our YouTube videos, for supporting and providing us with feedback and most importantly for being a part of TheWinDuck.
- Microsoft Switzerland and Richterich & Partner: For inviting us to events and therefore giving us the opportunity to meet new people and testing out exciting new hard- and software, for providing us with review units, for answering our questions and for letting me take over your Instagram Account for a week.
- Wiko Switzerland and OpenUp: For providing us with review units, for sharing our reviews on Social Media, for appreciating our statements and even including them on your website and for answering our questions.
- Valentin: For being a part of TheWinDuck, for being a great author, for publishing awesome articles, for writing about your Windows 10 Mobile experience after every new build, for writing about WhatsApp updates even though no one is interested in those, for sending me pictures of Microsoft Stores and making me jealous, for motivating me to write new articles and for being such a nice person.
- Jonas: For being a part of TheWinDuck, for designing our beautiful TheWinDuck logo which I still love, for helping me whenever “design” is involved, for your advises and help in every aspect and for being such a nice person.
- Ueli Banholzer: For your perfect work, for setting up this new site, for supporting and helping me, for answering my countless questions and for being such a nice person.
[If one of our readers ever needs a hoster: Check out WhatWeDo! Ueli is just great!]
- Martin Rechsteiner: For advising and helping me in every aspect, for supporting me, for promoting me on your YT channel, for telling me about #GeekTalk, for informing me about #nofilter and for being such a nice person.
I’m sure that I probably forgot to mention someone and I’m very sorry for that. Please note that Microsoft and Richterich & Partner, Wiko and OpenUp includes all the great people which are working for them.
Once again thank you so much! I am really looking forward to 2016 together with you all!
Hope you like our new website!