After having been available via the Windows Device Recovery Tool, Microsoft now announced that it started the rollout of the firmware 01078.00053.16236.35xxx for the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL. Apart from double-tap to wake (finally!) this update also includes the following key improvements according to Microsoft:
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
- Support for double tap to wake enabled.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users.
As of now, the update is available for many devices in different regions although depending on the phone model, region or network service you might not see the update at the moment – Microsoft stated that those phone should receive the update gradually.
So far the update doesn’t show up on my Lumia 950 XL. Have you already received the update? Let us know in the comments.