At IFA, HP announced two new desktop PCs: the HP Pavilion Wave and the HP Elite Slice
HP Pavilion Wave
With the new Pavilion Wave, HP combines productivity, entertainment and design. The device does not look like a traditional desktop PC – more like a speaker. It is designed for the usage at home and is definitely a really stylish live style product.
The device comes with an integrated speaker from Bang & Olufsen and should provide a 360 degree audio experience which makes it interesting to use in living rooms for example.
Here are some other features of the device:
- Powered by Windows 10
- Fully integrated, advanced audio capabilities
- Up to two 4K displays are supported out-of-the-box to power entertainment and productivity
- Peripheral support with three USB 3.0 ports, one USB 3.1 Type-C port for data transfer, one HDMI port, one DisplayPort, Gigabit Ethernet and a microphone/headphone jack.
- Cortana support with two dual microphones for customers to talk to their PC for a hands-free experience
- High-performing power house with up to 6th Generation Intel Core i7 quad-core desktop processors, ample storage up to 2 TB HDD, an optional dual drive with 128 GB SSD5 and up to 16GB of DDR4 system memory
- Optional AMD Radeon R9 M470 discrete graphics for photo and video editing or light gaming
The HP Pavilion Wave is going to be available on HP.com for $549.99 starting on September 23.
HP Elite SliceThe new HP Elite Slice is a modular desktop PC. The user can add more functionality to the device for example an Audio Module, a wireless phone charger or a DVD drive. Furthermore, the HP Elite Slice has a cable less design:
This is the first commercial desktop powered from a display via only one USB 3.1 Type-C cable with a Type-C compatible display including the optional new Quad HD HP EliteDisplay S240uj Monitor. The display is equipped with integrated wireless charging and USB Type-C to perfectly complement the desktop.
Here are some of the other features of the PC:
- An optional touch fingerprint sensor for improved security and easy authentication.
- HP Sure Start with Dynamic Protection, the industry’s first self-healing BIOS-level protection.
- Up to 6th Generation Intel Core i7 35-watt processors for the performance to easily handle productivity and collaboration needs.
- Unique 360-degree dual fan pipe ring keeps the powerful device running cool.
- Peripheral support for enhanced productivity including one Ethernet port, built-in Wi-Fi module and antennas, one HDMI and one DisplayPort to power multiple displays.
Pricing and Availability: The HP Elite Slice starts from $699 and is expected to be available in September 2016.