Last week at IFA, many companies announced their new hardware. The Microsoft OEMs presented interesting devices including laptops, tablets, 2-in-1 devices and even refrigerator running Windows 10. In this post I want to present you some of the devices which really caught my interest…
- Lenovo Yoga Book
The Lenovo Yoga Book is one of the most innovative and interesting devices announced at this years IFA (at least in my opinion).
Its Halo Keyboard lacks any physical keys, showing up as a solid white outline on the second panel only when it’s needed. If not, you can use the pen of the device to write on this second panel. But that is not all: You can also put a piece of paper on this panel and your writing will appear on both the screen of the device and on the paper.
Here are some of other features of the Lenovo Yoga Book:
- Powered by Windows 10
- 64GB of memory
- Up to 13 hours of battery life
- 10.1-inch IPS FHD screen
- Music and sound are enhanced with Dolby Audio Premium
- Transitions easily between four modes – Browse, Watch, Create and Type
- The standard real-pen accessory, a Wacom dual-use stylus, works as a stylus on the Yoga Book’s screen and Create Pad, and also holds real ink tips so you can write on paper covering the Create Pad
- HP Pavilion Wave
I have to say that I am in love with the design of the HP Pavilion Wave. The device does not look like a traditional desktop PC – more like a speaker.
Here are some of the features of the device:
- Powered by Windows 10
- Fully integrated, advanced audio capabilities
- Up to two 4K displays are supported out-of-the-box to power entertainment and productivity
- Peripheral support with three USB 3.0 ports, one USB 3.1 Type-C port for data transfer, one HDMI port, one DisplayPort, Gigabit Ethernet and a microphone/headphone jack.
- Cortana support with two dual microphones for customers to talk to their PC for a hands-free experience
- High-performing power house with up to 6th Generation Intel Core i7 quad-core desktop processors, ample storage up to 2 TB HDD, an optional dual drive with 128 GB SSD5 and up to 16GB of DDR4 system memory
- Optional AMD Radeon R9 M470 discrete graphics for photo and video editing or light gaming
Check out this article to learn more about the HP Pavilion Wave.
- LG Smart Instaview Signature Fridge
Windows 10 is running everywhere – even on a fridge. LG presented the LG Smart Instaview Signature Fridge at IFA and I have to say that I really do like it.
LG has build a 29-inch touchscreen into the device that’s also translucent so that you can look into the fridge without opening it.
To learn more about the fridge check out this video here:
Which Windows 10 devices announced at IFA caught your interest? Tell us in the comments!