Finally, the Lumia 650 is getting the long requested Double Tap to Wake feature. Nevertheless, at the update the update is not available via Windows Update but via the Windows Device Recovery Tool. But before you start downloading and updating your Lumia 650 now, keep in mind that the WDRT will reset your phone to its factory settings so all your data gets deleted.
The firmware update has the version number 01078.00042.16352.50011 and is available for both my Lumia 650 and my Lumia 650 Dual Sim, however it might depend on your phone’s region whether you are seeing the new firmware in the WDRT.
The firmware update also comes with a couple of improvements:
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
- Support for double tap to wake enabled.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users.