A few days ago, we reported about a firmware update for the Lumia 650 which was available via the WDRT. Now, it seems like Microsoft has also started rolling out the update via Windows Update.
The firmware update comes with a couple of improvements and includes the long requested Double Tap To Wake feature:
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
- Support for double tap to wake enabled.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users.
Furthermore, a new firmware for the Lumia 550 is available. It does not add Double Tap To Wake or any other features to the phone but comes with a couple of improvements.
To check if your Lumia 550 or Lumia 650 is getting this update, go to Settings > Update & Security > Phone Update > Check for updates. The new firmware update has the name MICROSOFTMDG update.