Earlier this week, Microsoft started rolling out an update to its Windows 10 (Mobile) Camera App to Insiders on the Fast Ring. Now, this update is available to everyone on the Release Preview Ring and to Non-Insiders as well.
The update comes with many changes and improvements. The capture buttons now has a higher contrast and Microsoft is adding a zoom slider to the app which makes it easier to zoom in and out. Here is the full changelog:
Enjoy taking photos, videos, and panoramas with our higher-contrast capture buttons.
- Set a photo timer right from the camera dashboard with our new toggle control.
- Get to Settings faster! Now, launch into Settings directly from the camera UI.
- Access your camera roll with one hand from its new spot on the screen.
- Zoom more easily with the new zoom slider.
- Make sure you nailed the shot, with a more noticeable capture animation.
- Change between front- and rear-facing cameras with a more prominent button control.
The preinstalled Windows Camera app can be updated by directly from the Windows Store. Personally, I like this new improved design of the Camera App. What is your opinion? Tell us in the comments!