On Thursday, Gabriel Aul said on Twitter that there won’t be a new build this week. Today Microsoft has surprised us with a new Windows 10 Insider Build for the Fast Ring. The new build includes some new features, bug fixes but also some bugs. In my opinion the bugs are not very serious. Here are the bugs in this build:
- Languages packs are being published, but will be rolling out to the update servers throughout the day.
- Windows Store apps may not update automatically.
- Using Notepad.exe from the command line to open files when using only a file name, such as ‘file.txt’, will fail with a permissions error.
- Clicking on the system icons in the notification area quickly can result in Windows Shell blocking the launch of fly-outs like Audio, Networking, etc.
- You will see a warning message in the Settings app > Update & Security > Windows Update regarding preview builds. Don’t worry about this – It is safe to ignore for now.